Associate Director of Institutional Advancement
The Tuxedo Park School is looking for a detail-oriented and efficient professional to work in the school’s development offices. The position requires a high energy, emotionally mature self-starter with a track record of demonstrating initiative, flexibility, a sense of humor and the sensitivity to work. This individual will work with dedicated and enthusiastic volunteers in all fundraising activities throughout the course of the year. This crucial member of the 2-person development team will need to thoroughly understand the history and culture, fundraising, families and other constituencies. The position reports to the Director of Institutional Advancement.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Publisher, Word, Power Point)
- Experience using Raiser’s Edge database
- Highly self-motivated, self-disciplined strong team player with ability to work independently or as part of a larger team
- Must possess exceptional organizational abilities: perform multiple projects, prioritize and provide attention to detail and respect deadlines
- Must demonstrate awareness of sensitive issues and ability to exercise good judgment in relating to public, faculty and staff, boards, volunteers and donors
- Must be able to conduct confidential/discrete conversations and maintain trust with individuals/colleagues
- Ability to analyze and relate data in comprehensible presentations, notes and materials
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to communicate passionately, clearly and concisely in writing and orally
- Ability to work evenings as needed
- Maintains a positive relationship with parents to create a secure environment for children
- Strategic, proactive, detail-oriented, and team-oriented, willing to “roll-up the sleeves” to do whatever is necessary to ensure the success of the development effort.
- Understand the school’s current bases of financial support and its potential, and the funding requirements of all segments of the school, both short- and long-term
- Produce appeal and acknowledgement letters, emails and other customized collateral when necessary
- Record and process donations accurately and efficiently, and acknowledge donors in a timely manner to ensure positive donor stewardship
- Produce timely, detailed and accurate data reports for the Director of Institutional Advancement, Development Committee Chairs, the Board of Trustees and other fundraising volunteers
- Support the school’s efforts around the annual fund, annual benefit and other activities, including the golf outing, book fair, Grandparents Day, alumni events and more
- When required, participate in regular meetings with volunteer leadership; engage and update Development committee through regular emails and communication, and provide data on an as-needed basis
- Assist with production of the school’s annual fundraising magazine
- Update, maintain and manage Raiser Edge database records
- Identify and research major gift prospects
- Respond to phone calls or written communication in a timely manner
- Perform other duties as assigned.
For consideration ONLY qualified candidates should submit a PDF document to include cover letter, resume and salary history to Advancement@tuxedoparkschool.org listing “Associate Director” in the Subject Line.
Tuxedo Park School is an equal opportunity employer
Seeking substitute teachers for all grade levels and subjects. Bachelor's degree required.