Fall 2020 Opening
Below is a summary of our reopening plans, including our new health and safety protocols, and In-Person, Hybrid, and Remote Learning models.
Below is a link to the Reopening Plan submitted to the New York State Education Department and Department of Health. TPS will send enrolled families further information and updates regarding our reopening via email in the near future.
Please see below for further information and FAQs. This information will be updated regularly, based on guidance from New York State and the Orange County Health Department.
- When is the first day of school?
- Will there be changes to the 2020-2021 academic calendar?
- Will TPS open for in-person learning in the Fall? UPDATED*
- If we need to move to a remote learning environment, what will that look like? UPDATED*
- What happens if a student is unable (or becomes unable) to attend in-person sessions? UPDATED*
- Will classes be smaller this year? UPDATED*
- How will TPS ensure appropriate social distancing in school? UPDATED*
- Will there be buses? How will they social distance on buses?
- What are the cleaning protocols?
- How will the TPS lunch program be modified? UPDATED*
- Will students be required to wear masks? UPDATED*
- What if my child gets sick after arriving at school? UPDATED*
- What can I do to assist the school in preventing the spread of COVID-19? UPDATED*
- How will new social distancing requirements impact parents and visitors to the school? UPDATED*
- Are inter-school athletics being planned for the fall? UPDATED*
- Will students be participating in Physical Education in the fall? UPDATED*