"HOME IS THE PLACE WHERE YOU GROW UP AND LEARN VALUABLE LIFE LESSONS. AND, NO, I DON'T MEAN LEARNING HOW TO SOLVE EQUATIONS OR HOW TO SPEAK FRENCH. THOSE ARE IMPORTANT LESSONS, BUT I MEAN LIFE LESSONS AND LIFE AFFIRMING MEMORIES…TPS BECAME MY HOME." - JULIA P. '14
ACADEMIC PROGRAM OVERVIEW
Parents know that a “one size fits all” education does not work for children. Parents want a school where their children are known and appreciated as individuals; they want a school that can nurture their children's strengths, build their skills, and inspire their creativity. Most importantly, they want a school that genuinely teaches and embraces the values children need to become thoughtful and productive citizens of our communities, our country, and the world. Parents want a small school that makes a big difference in the lives of their children.
Since 1900, Tuxedo Park School has provided a safe, nurturing educational community where intellectual curiosity, hard work, creativity, integrity, and the joy of learning mark each day. Here are some of the hallmarks of a TPS education:
- Small class sizes from Pre-School to Freshman Year ensure that every child is known.
- Differentiated instruction at all levels challenges the most advanced students while supporting those who need additional or varied instruction.
- Our beautiful 17-acre campus, surrounded by the natural beauty of Tuxedo Park, offers an enriching environment that helps each child learn and grow.
- Our unique location and our mission help to provide a physically safe environment that allows children to take the safe risks necessary for growth.
- Because of our small size, our students develop in confidence and character while making meaningful interpersonal connections--all of which make a big difference in their lives both now and in their future.
- Our students have a competitive advantage when they move on to the next phase of life because of the academic, social, athletic, artistic, and other unique experiences they have had at TPS.