Secondary School Placement
Over the past decade-plus, we have matriculated and graduated many TPS students at Blair Academy, and they have always arrived well prepared with a keen intellectual curiosity and interest in trying new things. The values that TPS has instilled in its students prepare them to become leaders across Blair’s campus who are deeply invested in our community."
- Peter Curran, Blair Academy, Head of School
What We Do
Knowing Tuxedo Park School’s intimate community and the often long tenure of each student, it should come as no surprise that the Secondary School Placement Process is individualized and personalized involving the student, their family, TPS administrators, advisors, and faculty. It is an exciting time as our students and their families seek a “best match” school. Initial conversations explore the various school options including independent boarding, independent day, parochial, and public to generate and fine-tune a secondary school list which best matches each student’s unique talents, aspirations, and skills.
We're here to help!
To support our students and their families along the way in the secondary school search process, TPS provides a variety of services including:
- Personalized advice and recommendations throughout the process start to finish
- Secondary school resource library, including summer camps/programs
- TPS Secondary School Placement Handbook
- Parent workshops
- Secondary School Fair
- Diagnostic SSAT Testing in Spring of Grade 7
- SSAT Prep
- Resume building and essay writing
- On-site secondary school visits
- Mock interview experiences
Years at TPS: 5
Favorite place on campus: The front & back fields at Recess!
" There is magic at TPS in every classroom, every day."